Your cart
Close Alternative Icon

The Pico Story


I believe in creating simple pieces that are quiet in their appeal. Clean lines, unfussy design, and surprise details are common in all of my jewelry. I feel strongly that each piece should be well made, and have a lifespan that outlasts trend and fashion. I want to create accessories that are unique and make you feel the same. I am fully aware that you can buy basics from mass market brands at cheaper prices, but I am committed to providing minimalist pieces made by hand in the United States.

While minimalism means different things to different people, to me it includes owning fewer, better things. It means creating less waste in my personal and professional life. And it means presenting an honest and simple version of myself to colleagues, friends and family. These are the standards I measure against when I create new Pico jewelry. Having spent the majority of my career working alongside architects, interior designers, industrial designers and other creative women and men, I know that I am not alone in my approach. In the words of Antoine de Saint-Exupery, "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

My Montclair, NJ studio uses best practices and sustainable materials and methods to ensure both safety and quality. Our primary materials are sterling silver, 14/20 karat gold filled, and brass. We started out using these materials because of their relative affordability. So while I am not creating "fine jewelry" per se, the care and precision of these handmade pieces make them equally as viable as heirlooms, especially with proper care.

Our Materials

Sterling silver
Sterling silver is an alloy of silver that must legally contain 92.5% silver by weight. The remaining 7.5% is typically copper, although sometimes other metals – including nickel – are used. Pico’s sterling silver comes from sources that provide NICKEL FREE and primarily recycled, alloyed sterling silver. Every piece of sterling silver jewelry we make contains the .925 stamp, as well as the guarantee there is no nickel content, ensuring our products will not cause allergic reactions. For care instructions, check out our Jewelry Care page.

14 karat Gold Filled
Gold-filled is constructed in two or three layers. The core metal is jewelers’ brass. A gold alloy is then bonded to one or both surfaces of the brass core with heat and pressure. Unlike plated (aka electroplated or "dipped") metals, Gold-filled is legally required to contain 5% or 1/20 gold by weight. This 5% is then described by the karatage of the gold alloy. Pico’s Gold-filled items are 14kt gold-filled. 14k Gold-filled products are identified as 14/20 Gold-filled. For care instructions, check out our Jewelry Care page.

Wholesale Jewelry

Pico Design's wholesale jewelry program is very successful, with over 100 museum shops and boutiques across the United States and internationally carrying our modern, architectural jewelry. We offer customer care cards, an artist sign and flexible first order minimums. We would love to hear from you! If you have a shop or you think we would be a good fit for a shop you love, email us at and let us know. 

Custom Orders

We love designing new and creative pieces and are happy to accommodate custom orders! Please keep in mind that extra lead times will be necessary. Whether for an engagement or special occasion, feel free to reach out and let us know if you are interested in something like this! We'll be happy to send you some more information about how the process works. We love collaborating and enjoy hearing different ideas. Email us at